Monday, September 22, 2008

Missing Windows Vista Snipping Tool?

I know that Windows Vista comes with a handy dandy snipping tool, but, when I click the "orb" and start typing snipping, I get nothing.

Turns out, that the snipping tool is part of the tablet PC options, that I, uh, uninstalled because I do not have a tablet PC. I am crazy, I know.

Anyway, just thought that I would save some people the same headache I had.

To reinstall:
  • Click the "orb"
  • Control Panel
  • Programs
  • Turn Windows features on or off
  • Look for the tablet PC options check mark box, check it
  • Wait
Now, click the orb, type snipping, press enter, and up it comes!

Note: I read that the snipping tool is unavailable on Windows Vista Home Basic, but cannot confirm as I use premium.

No comments:

Post a Comment