Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Firefox Extensions (Add-ons) - Update May 2009


It's been a while since my original "My Firefox Extensions" listing, so here is an update. I put this out there for a couple reasons.

  • It helps me reinstall add-ons since I am all the time messing with my computer

  • List some add-ons I find helpful that other users may

I am now using Firefox 3.0.10 on Windows 7 RC Build 7100. However, I do run the same add-ons to my work and laptop which run XP. Now,on to the add-ons (trying not to use the term "extensions")!

  • AVG Safe Search - Comes with AVG Free Edition antivirus
  • Better Gmail2 - Makes Gmail better with user suggested features, fully customizable
  • Better YouTube - Same as above
  • ColorZilla - Web Developer tool to pick a color and get it's code from a webpage
  • DownThemAll! - Better download manager than the default
  • Fission - Eyecandy, creates a "progress bar" while page loads, ala Safari style
  • Google Enhancer - Make Google better
  • GooglePreview - Make Google better
  • Greasemonkey - Allows user defined scripts to be run to enhance webpages. There are TONS of them out there, a "Greasemonkey Scripts" search on Google should suffice.
  • IE Tab - Put Internet Explorer in a Firefox tab
  • MeasureIt - Web developer tool, measure a web page for pixel dimensions
  • Morning Coffee - Open a predefined set of tabs to websites you open everyday
  • Tab Mix Plus - Adds extra tab functions
  • Stumbleupon - Fun, lets you explore different websites
  • Web Developer - Web developer tool, A LOT of tools to help with website creation
  • Xmarks - Bookmark Sync
  • Wisestamp - Inserts HTML signatures with formatting in webmail accounts (Gmail, etc)
Know of one I missed? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment