Monday, October 20, 2008

Firefox Crashing on Exit - Windows Vista SP1

Seems like 75% of the time, when I close Firefox 3 on my Windows Vista SP1 Home Premium PC, it crashes and wants to send an error report. I have submitted it dozens of times. Looking on the Internets, this seems to be a common problem. One person suggested it was the "Better Gmail 2" addon, but I removed it and it still crashes. Others point to spyware. Well, I like to consider myself a bit of a PC guru, and there is NOT A CHANCE I have any spyware on thePC. AKA, the kids (or wife) aren't allowed on the computer!

Here is the firefox thread: (with no solution btw)

Link

If anyone has any answers, please let me know! (comments)

UPDATE: I believe the google toolbar was the problem. I read about it on the thread, disabled it, and "knock knock" on wood, no crashes!

No comments:

Post a Comment